Our private equity work covers the full range of investment and divestment activities, as well as advising on structuring and day-to-day management of portfolio companies. We act for a range of participants in private equity transactions, including sponsors buying and selling companies; portfolio companies; co-investors on club deals; sellers to private equity buyers; and individual senior executives and executive teams.
Our private equity team includes corporate, finance, tax and benefits specialists who work together to develop and implement optimal deal structures.
Examples of relevant work
- Antares Lloyd’s Syndicate – Chaucer’s co-investment alongside Lightyear Capital
- ANV – $250m investment by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with ANV’s acquisition of Flagstone Re
- Apax – $44m investment in Red-M Communications and follow on re-financing
- Asta Insurance – advising management on the sale of Whittington Insurance Markets Limited to an investor consortium comprising Tawa, Skuld and Paraline Group and distribution business from Prologis compressor business from Invenys
- Celsius First – advising management team on £40m Management Buy Out of a cold storage
- JRJ Group – advising this private equity investment firm generally on structuring and potential acquisitions, as well as acting for its portfolio company Marex Spectron on its £94.5m purchase of the Spectron group and its acquisition of the business of Schneider Trading Associates
- Advising a group of private equity and venture capital investment firms on a fundraising round for a portfolio company
- Advising portfolio companies generally, including regulatory, employment, benefits, tax, real estate and IP advice