The Pensions Team provides advice on all aspects of pensions law, regulation and practice to trustees, sponsoring employers of pension schemes and corporates/investors (for mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and insolvency). In general, our advice relates to large or medium sized occupational pension schemes, both defined benefit and defined contribution.
We can advise on all pension-related issues, as well as on standalone projects such as scheme mergers, changes to future benefits, pension and pension-related litigation or the pension aspects of commercial transactions. We are happy to work alongside your existing corporate lawyers, if they do not have a UK pension capability. We also provide ad-hoc, bespoke training workshops and seminars for trustees and senior management.
We believe in a partner-led service. Our focus is to build long-lasting relationships by becoming an intrinsic and valued part of your team. We work with you to find solutions to problems, help to manage and resolve disputes and provide guidance on industry best practice. We are accessible, commercial and approachable. Although pensions law is complex, we provide understandable and practical advice in plain English.
Selected directory listings
- "The team is praised for its ‘good attention to detail, ability to explain complicated pensions issues and commercial advice', and is‘good value for money'" - The Legal 500, 2014 edition
- "Philippa Connaughton of RPC LLP wins glowing praise from peers and clients for her work with companies, investors and trustees. One source states: "Her advice has been exceptional." - Chambers UK 2014
- "RPC fields an experienced duo in the ‘commercial’ Charles Suchett-Kaye, who heads the department, and the ‘pragmatic’ Philippa Connaughton" - The Legal 500, 2013 edition
- "[Philippa Connaughton is] knowledgeable, helpful' and 'approachable'" - Chambers UK 2013
- "[Philippa Connaughton is] easy to talk to and very pragmatic" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP provides ‘value for money and good, pragmatic legal advice’" - The Legal 500, 2010 edition
- "Charles Suchett-Kaye is a 'practical' and 'commercial' partner whose team is always ready to 'go the extra mile'" -The Legal 500, 2009 edition
For more information about our Pensions practice please contact Philippa Connaughton (email@example.com) or Charles Suchett-Kaye (firstname.lastname@example.org). To read our Pensions publications, click here.