We advise manufacturers, suppliers and retailers (and often also their insurers) on all issues relating to products. Both the subject matter and the relevant law are often highly technical. Our lawyers have in-depth experience across most industries, including agriculture, automotive, building/construction, chemicals, energy, engineering, food/drink, packaging, pharmaceutical/medical/health, paint and lacquer, telecoms, textiles and transport.
We act for both UK and internationally-based clients and our team includes specialist adjusters with particular expertise in product liability and recall claims.
- "Clients at RPC ‘only go for excellence'" - The Legal 500, 2014 edition
- "Maintains its significant roster of insurer and corporate clients. Notable for its focus on the pharmaceutical and medical industries as well as its wide-ranging experience across other sectors such as automobile, telecoms and road and rail" - Chambers UK 2014
- "The ‘first-class’ team at RPC is recommended for high-value, complex claims" - The Legal 500, 2013 edition
- "A very good team that will fight its corner, but is also very sensible" - Chambers UK 2013
- "One of the best for commercial product liability with insurance issues" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "Recognised for its strong reputation for product liability" - Chambers UK 2012
- "Very capable team... ‘good and consistent level of service" - The Legal 500, 2011 edition
"Particularly well regarded for its pan-European product recall expertise in the food and automotive sectors" - Chambers UK 2011
"Stuart White leads the team at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP, which stands out for its work in relation to product recalls across a wide variety of sectors - The Legal 500, 2010 edition
"Clients appreciate its efficient, cost-effective service" - Chambers UK 2010
"This firm offers fantastic value for money" - Chambers UK 2010
"Stuart White and his team 'constitute one of the most experienced and trusted groups of lawyers both for coverage issues and litigation'" - The Legal 500, 2009 edition
"'We know we can trust this firm to get results, as the lawyers have taken the time to get to know our business inside-out'" - Chambers UK 2009
Examples of relevant work
Acting for supplier of allegedly contaminated fuel oil for use in ships, resulting in multiple claims for damage to ships' engines and substantial consequential losses
Representing a manufacturer of automotive components in a recall of over three million defective windscreen wiper blade clips that had been delivered to vehicle manufacturers and component suppliers in the US
Acting for a major chemical company whose agrochemical division faced claims totalling over £15m arising from the effects of a new crop fungicide
Claim arising out of failure of the fireproof lining of a rail tunnel in Holland - amount involved €30m
Defending a major engineering organisation in relation to a blade fracture at a power station in South Africa - claim in excess of £50m
Claim arising from alleged side effects of drug released in the US - numerous and substantial claims for damages by US action groups
Claims against telecoms company arising out of allegedly defective cables supplied on marine contracts - case involves complex issues of foreign law, jurisdiction and reinsurance - claim in excess of €50m
Stuart worked closely with the International Underwriting Association to produce their key publication 'Financial Loss. What is it, and when is it covered?' for market professionals.