Regulation is on the increase. Whatever sector your business operates in, you will most likely find yourself having to deal with new offences, reporting obligations and penalties, often inspired by European single market considerations. At the same time you need to guard against becoming the victim of employee fraud and must comply with complicated money laundering regulations which can impose real constraints on the ability of your business to secure and service new clients. At RPC, we see it as our job to guide you through this regulatory thicket. Should your business be suspected of committing breaches, our team will work closely with you to secure the best possible outcome to any investigation, including advising on any remedial steps that need to be taken to ensure future compliance.
Our Regulatory team, comprising around 25 lawyers, advises on all aspects of regulation, financial and business crime and compliance. Some of the lawyers in the team were formerly employed by the Financial Services Authority, so are especially qualified to understand the mindset and behaviour of regulators. Others have a deep knowledge of particular regulated sectors and have advised not only the major firms in the sector but also their trade and industry bodies.
Selected directory listings
- "[Jonathan Davies is] widely perceived as a key practitioner on regulatory matters in the insurance market... 'fully committed to his clients and firmly understands their needs and perspective'" - Chambers UK 2013
- "[Jonathan Davies and Richard Burger are] outstanding lawyers" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "[Jonathan Davies is] a recognised leader for regulatory legal expertise in the London and Lloyd’s markets" - The Legal 500, 2011 edition
- "Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP's advice is 'spot on'" - The Legal 500, 2009 edition
- "An impressive team" - The Legal 500, 2009 edition
Our areas of expertise include:
- Compliance - regulatory advice and the design and audit of systems and controls
- Internal investigations - working with firms, often in conjunction with their regulators, to investigate the circumstances of apparent compliance failures and assisting with remedial steps
- Claims - advising regulated firms on the claims made against them, whether to the industry's Ombudsman, in courts or in specialist tribunals
- Enforcement - acting for and defending firms and individuals suspected of committing criminal and regulatory offences
To read our Regulatory Publications, click here. To read our Regulatory Blog, click here.
Click here to read RPC's white paper – "Perceptions matter! Making sense of regulation"
To see Regulatory Partner Richard Burger explain "Eight things you need to know about the Bribery Act", click here.
Click here to watch a 3 minute video from Partner Steven Francis providing an overview of the UK Bribery Act 2010.
10 September 2012
07 June 2012