Restructuring and insolvency
Our Restructuring and Insolvency Group is headed by an authorised insolvency practitioner and comprises five Partners and nine Associates in different market sectors: insurance and financial institutions; construction; real estate and general corporate. We work closely with lawyers from across the firm in areas such as media, intellectual property, regulatory (contentious and non-contentious), pensions, tax, employment, private equity and other funds, enabling us to provide integrated teams whose advice is targeted to your particular needs.
- "[Vivien Tyrell] looks at everything from all different angles and explains them very clearly. She is always ready to listen to ideas and thoughts you have and work together to come up with a good solution" - Chambers UK 2013
- "RPC’s distressed situations team prides itself on providing novel and technical solutions to insurers" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "Consistently excellent service" - The Legal 500, 2011 edition
- "Significant expertise in restructuring, insolvencies and Part VII transfers" - Chambers UK 2011
- "Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP’s hire of Vivien Tyrell has boosted the team’s capability considerably" - The Legal 500, 2010
Our areas of expertise include:
- Administration, provisional liquidation, liquidation and LPA receivership
- Creditors' rights
- Cross-border insolvency and restructuring
- Debt and group restructuring
- Directors and Senior Management corporate governance issues
- Distressed debt and assets, private equity and venture capital
- Individual insolvency - large scale/complex
- Insurance insolvency and restructuring and run-off
- Insolvency litigation
- Schemes of arrangement, company voluntary arrangements, Part VII Financial Services and Markets Act
- Validation orders under Section 127 of the Insolvency Act 1986
Our work typically ranges from mid to large scale distressed and insolvent situations. We have an excellent track record in the specialist field of insurance insolvency and restructuring, including advising on solvent schemes (general insurance and life insurance), business transfers and other exit solutions involving reinsurance solutions and alternative risk transfers.
We advise on restructuring debt facilities - particularly in conjunction with the reorganisation of groups of companies and the sale of non-core assets - adjustment of inter-creditor arrangements, refinancing and debt reduction, standstills and facility extensions.
A large proportion is international in nature. We have a strong network of professional advisers around the globe both through our membership of international legal network TerraLex and our relationship with other firms chosen for their specialist expertise in international restructuring and insolvency matters.
For more information about our Restructuring and Insolvency practice please contact Vivien Tyrell (email@example.com)
For further information on how we can help please click here
To read our latest Restructuring and Insolvency publications, click here.
Sign up to our blogs and keep up-to-date with the latest legal developments...
RPC Commercial Litigation Blog - Where you will find regular postings on developments in UK commercial litigation law.
RPC Finance Blog - Featuring regular postings on developments in UK banking and finance law.