RPC combines a market-leading Tax Disputes practice with longstanding non-contentious expertise to offer a comprehensive service to UK and international clients. We are one of the few City firms able to offer advice on both tax disputes and tax advisory / transactional matters.
Our specialist Tax Disputes team is recognised by independent legal directories as one of the best in the country. Our lawyers include former senior members of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), giving us significant insight into how HMRC work. Our work in this area includes pre-emptive advice on tax risk issues, enquiries and investigations and litigation at the Tribunals and Higher Courts, through to the European Court of Justice.
On the non-contentious side we advise on a wide breadth of issues including corporate, partnerships and funds. We also offer personal tax advice, particularly with regard to those clients who are non UK domiciliaries. Our tax lawyers work closely with colleagues from around the firm to provide seamless support on matters such as M&A, property taxation, pensions, employee benefits and employment.
Our clients range from large multinational corporations through to privately-owned businesses and high net-worth individuals. We pride ourselves on providing a responsive service tailored to our clients' needs, and in doing so adding real commercial value.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Tax disputes
- Tax negligence
- Corporate taxation
- Employment and benefits
- VAT and Stamp Duty
- Property tax
Selected directory listings
- "They are very responsive and their knowledge base is very strong" - Chambers UK 2016
- "They are pragmatic, sensible and user-friendly" - Chambers UK 2016
- "Experienced and skilful team known for its high-quality, down-to-earth client service" - Chambers UK 2016
- "RPC wins plaudits for its ‘considerable tactical acuity and really good understanding of tax disputes generally’...[also] ‘great at recruiting talented associates’" - The Legal 500 UK, 2015 edition
- "RPC is very good at advising on how to correspond with HMRC and what speed we should be going at to bring an issue to settlement" - Chambers UK 2015
- "I think they are the only show in town. In the SME area they are regarded as the go-to people" - Chambers UK 2015
- "RPC ‘blends good technical tax ability with strong litigation instincts'" - The Legal 500, 2014 edition
- "Strong expertise acting for clients on HMRC civil and criminal investigations, as well as UK and ECJ tax cases, and particular expertise advising clients on GLOs" - Chambers UK 2014
- "RPC stand out for their clear, high-quality, unambiguous advice and commercial focus. Their aim is on achieving results and resolution, fast and efficiently" - Chambers UK 2014
- "The team is highly efficient in identifying the key issues quickly. Once these issues are identified they quickly summarise the possible ways forward, and once these are decided they implement with maximum effectiveness" - Chambers UK 2014
- "Sources say this team is 'good at putting the client at ease and explaining the legal process to them.' Clients also appreciate RPC's lawyers' 'accessibility, both in terms of making themselves available for consultation, but also their manner, style and approach'" - Chambers UK 2013
To read our Tax Publications, click here. To read our Tax Blog, click here. For more information on our non-contentious tax practice contact Charles Suchett-Kaye (firstname.lastname@example.org), or for contentious tax matters, Adam Craggs (email@example.com)