Having won both The Lawyer’s Corporate Team of the Year (midcap) and Legal Business magazine’s Insurance Team of the Year, our Corporate Insurance team is recognised for its expertise in servicing the non-claims needs of our insurance industry clients.
We handle the full range of transactions, working closely with our teams in the Corporate, Finance, Restructuring and Insolvency, Reinsurance, Regulatory, Employment & Pensions, Real Estate, Environmental, Health & Safety and IP, Technology & Outsourcing practice groups. This broad range of expertise complements RPC’s market-leading insurance offering in providing a full legal service capability to our insurer clients.
Our clients include Lloyd’s and non-Lloyd’s insurers and brokers. We advise on all aspects of their work. Through our work for the LMA and other regulated market associations, we also advise the market as a whole.
- Insurance Team of the Year 2012 – Legal Business
- Corporate Team of the Year (midcap) 2012 – The Lawyer
- Service Provider of the Year 2012 – The British Insurance Awards
- Professional Adviser of the Year – The London Market Awards
Selected directory listings
- "Sources say that this team has 'recruited very well' to build on its pre-existing strength in the field. Clients feel the team 'delivers a good-quality service' and has 'demonstrated the capacity and ability' to handle a range of work" - Chambers UK 2013
- "RPC is ‘outstanding value for money’, and attracts high-profile M&A instructions from major insurers such as RSA and Chaucer Holdings plc. Head of department James Mee is ‘very commercial and solutions oriented’" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
Examples of relevant work
- ANV – $250m investment by Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and the acquisition of Flagstone Re’s Lloyd’s of London business
- Asta – advising management on the announced sale, together with a number of syndicate ransactions (M55, 2525, 2526)
- Beazley – establishment of the Falcon investment management joint venture
- Chaucer – investment alongside Lightyear Capital into the £135m capacity Antares Lloyd’s syndicate
- LONMAR Global Risks – on the sale of its subsidiary company, MediCare International Limited, to French broking group APRIL
- Windsor Partners – sale to Hyperion
- Assisting insurers in all aspects of product development, including wordings, financial promotions, TCF compliance and e-marketing
- Advising clients on issues of legal and regulatory compliance in respect of broker-facing and consumer-facing websites for the sale of insurance, and on the contractual arrangements which underpin their products
- Advising insurers on the regulatory implications of affinity schemes, including whether the affinity partner needs to be FSA authorised or exempt and where necessary drafting Introducer Appointed Representative Agreements
Click here to read RPC's white paper – "Perceptions matter! Making sense of regulation"
13 July 2012