St Mungo's Broadway our Charity of the Year
Key to a successful charity partnership is engaging people within the organisation. That's why, when we set about choosing ours, we started by asking everyone here for their input. And when it came down to a vote, our people overwhelmingly chose to work with St Mungo's Broadway in both of our UK offices.
Our support for St Mungo's continues our commitment to working with charities which focus on outreach, social inclusion and diversity, having previously collaborated with East London charity Streets of Growth.
St Mungo's Broadway
St Mungo’s Broadway provides a bed and support to more than 2,500 people every night who are either homeless or at risk of homelessness. The charity also works to prevent homelessness, helping about 25,000 people a year through more than 200 projects. St Mungo's runs emergency, hostel and supportive housing projects; provides advice services; and also offers specialist physical and mental health support, as well as skills and work programmes
At RPC we're providing opportunities for our people to engage with their community and become part of the campaign to end homelessness
Our work with St Mungo's Broadway will
- draw on the professional experience of people across RPC to offer a broad range of business and skills advice
- provide legal pro bono support
- help to deliver training to homeless people as part of St Mungo's Broadway's basic skills programme
- support St Mungo's Broadway through its wide-ranging volunteer activities
- participate in St Mungo's Broadway's fundraising events, as well as create and run our own
- raise awareness and support for the No Second Night Out Campaign and their Street Link service
We have committed to raising £25,000 for the charity’s basic skills programme, enough to employ an additional basic skills trainer allowing the charity to have even further reach.
For more information visit www.mungosbroadway.org.uk. And for the latest news on what we've been doing with St Mungo's Broadway, follow us on twitter @RPCLaw.