Careers at RPC
At RPC, we want lawyers who can not only offer our clients spot-on legal advice but who also understand the commercial context and business implications. We work hard to attract smart people who offer commercial, client-friendly advice – and it’s paid off. RPC repeatedly scores highly in independent surveys such as the annual Legal Week Client Satisfaction Survey and is regularly praised by directories such as Chambers and Legal 500 for its commerciality, client service and value.
Not your average law firm
We don't have a rigid hierarchy. We were one of the first law firms in the UK to pioneer open working right across the board – up to, and including, our Managing Partner.
- “You learn a lot just by overhearing conversations and can get involved in discussions because they happen out on the floor” – trainee interview, Chambers Student Guide - ‘True Picture’
Real responsibility, real opportunities
Our trainees are given real freedom, real responsibility and real opportunities. From day one you’ll be working with clients, meeting them at social events – and going to court. But you won’t just have hands-on experience… you’ll get hands-on, high quality support to provide just the right environment to foster learning, confidence building and the acquisition of skills.
Some key facts about RPC
- We have offices in London, Bristol, Hong Kong and Singapore and are a founder member of TerraLex, the second largest legal network in the world with representation in over 100 countries across the globe
- 25% of our Partners trained and qualified with us. So did our Managing Partner and several of our Senior Partners. And so did 50% of the Partners on our board
- In June 2014 we were named Law Firm of the Year at The Lawyer Awards, having been nominated four times before over the previous 18 months
- In the past 10 years, our trainee retention has never dropped below 80%
But don’t just listen to us…
The independent guide to law firms, Chambers Student Guide’s True Picture – which interviews trainees for confidential feedback on their firm – praises RPC for its open, progressive culture, with quotes including:
- “Lack of hierarchy… respect for junior employees.”
- “There's a very open culture. You can just walk up to a partner and ask questions, and associates are always happy to help.”
- “We work as a team here; we're always helping each other.”
The guide also commented on RPC's ‘sociable atmosphere’ and ‘excellent retention record’.
Lex 100, meanwhile, praised the firm as ‘ambitious’ and ‘forward-thinking’, saying:
"Everyone enjoys the ‘deliberate inclusiveness’ that sees trainees ‘treated with respect’ and ‘quite trusted to contact clients without much supervision’. On top of that, lawyers ‘at all levels’ are ‘always willing to sit down with you’, and the ‘transparency of the partnership’ also makes a good impression."
Find out more:
- Kate Gregg, Head of Legal Resourcing, email@example.com for partner and lawyer enquiries
- Rachel Davis, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org for business support and secretarial enquiries
- Ellinor Davey , Graduate Resourcing Manager, email@example.com for general recruitment queries and paralegal enquiries
All enquiries/applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.