What the directories say about us
It’s easy for law firms to tell you how great they are – but what matters is what clients think. Independent legal directories such as Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 survey thousands of clients every year, getting confidential feedback on how well firms are doing. RPC consistently scores highly in these guides, with clients specifically commenting on our value, commerciality and client service. Some of our practice areas – such as our market-leading defamation and professional liability teams – have been top-ranked for many years, while others, such as our growing competition practice, are gaining increasing recognition year on year.
But enough from us – here’s a sample of what the directories (and our clients) say:
The Legal 500 UK edition, 2015
- “RPC’s ‘open and innovative approach differentiates it’ and the firm is ‘particularly good at cutting its cloth to budgets’”
- “Takes ‘a genuine interest in our business’”
- "RPC is at ‘the forefront of insurance regulation matters"
- "RPC is ‘professional and efficient’, and ‘provides an excellent level of partner involvement’
- “RPC ‘provides a Magic Circle level of service’”
Chambers UK 2015
- "They are really commercial and their fees are extremely competitive. The client management is also good and they always go the extra mile"
- "They go the extra mile to inform, advise and assist clients with the difficult decisions associated with complex disputes"
- "There are no weak members of the team and they seem very focused"
- "They are absolutely superb"
- "They know their stuff. They have been excellent and we have a good deal of confidence in them"
The Legal 500, 2014 edition
- "The ‘very responsive and client-centric' RPC attracts praise for its commercial acumen, and is considered ‘a breath of fresh air'"
- "RPC’s involvement ‘can make the difference between winning and losing'"
- "RPC is ‘a great firm'"
- "RPC is noted for its ‘very high level of service and quick response times'"
- "The ‘very strong' team at RPC provides an ‘exceptional service' and ‘tailored' advice"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2014
- "A very good fit for our business: able to advise on heavyweight, technical stuff"
- "Practical, impressive and really focused on our needs - through constant communication, they came to understand us perfectly"
- "A measured approach, always realistic. They will always come up with robust advice"
Chambers UK 2014
- "They're some of the best litigation solicitors in London. They're able to manage the client's expectation and costs. They provide a Rolls-Royce service."
- "Their strength lies in their pragmatism. They are very inclusive and they make you, as a client, feel that they're owning your problem."
- "They're extremely commercial, giving us the advice we need in a form they know will be appreciated by our key decision makers."
- "Practical and responsive – they are very good listeners who adapt their style of advice to something you can understand."
- "The service from RPC has been exceptional."
The Legal 500, 2013 edition
- James Miller heads the [insurance] team at RPC, which has a global approach and is an ‘outstanding firm with a very impressive client-service focus’, performing ‘consistently well’
- At RPC, the team’s ‘business acumen really shows through, rather than just legal opinion’, and ‘even at junior level the work is always to a very high standard’.
- ‘Knows the publishing industry inside out’, and ‘seems to have acted for just about everyone in the sector’
- The ‘superb’ Robert Hogarth heads the contentious [construction] team, which provides ‘excellent’ handling of complex disputes
Chambers UK 2013
- "Good at putting the client at ease and explaining the legal process to them." Clients also appreciate RPC's lawyers' "accessibility, both in terms of making themselves available for consultation, but also their manner, style and approach"
- "Very professional, efficient and proactive in resolving an issue"
- "They are an excellent firm. I'm consistently impressed with how available, smart, thorough and diligent they are. All the people I've interacted with seem to be cut from the same cloth"
- "A very good team that will fight its corner, but is also very sensible"
- "One of the ways in which I think they particularly excel is tailoring their service to our cultural values"
For more quotes from the directories, see individual practice areas and Partner profiles.