What the directories say about us
A compendium of what our peers think of RPC:
Chambers UK 2015
- "They are really commercial and their fees are extremely competitive. The client management is also good and they always go the extra mile"
- "They go the extra mile to inform, advise and assist clients with the difficult decisions associated with complex disputes"
- "There are no weak members of the team and they seem very focused"
- "They are absolutely superb"
- "They know their stuff. They have been excellent and we have a good deal of confidence in them"
The Legal 500, 2014 edition
- "The ‘very responsive and client-centric' RPC attracts praise for its commercial acumen, and is considered ‘a breath of fresh air'"
- "RPC’s involvement ‘can make the difference between winning and losing'"
- "RPC is ‘a great firm'"
- "RPC is noted for its ‘very high level of service and quick response times'"
- "The ‘very strong' team at RPC provides an ‘exceptional service' and ‘tailored' advice"
Chambers Asia Pacific 2014
- "A very good fit for our business: able to advise on heavyweight, technical stuff"
- "Practical, impressive and really focused on our needs - through constant communication, they came to understand us perfectly"
- "A measured approach, always realistic. They will always come up with robust advice"
Chambers UK 2014
- "They're some of the best litigation solicitors in London. They're able to manage the client's expectation and costs. They provide a Rolls-Royce service."
- "Their strength lies in their pragmatism. They are very inclusive and they make you, as a client, feel that they're owning your problem."
- "They're extremely commercial, giving us the advice we need in a form they know will be appreciated by our key decision makers."
- "Practical and responsive – they are very good listeners who adapt their style of advice to something you can understand."
- "The service from RPC has been exceptional."
The Legal 500, 2013 edition
- James Miller heads the [insurance] team at RPC, which has a global approach and is an ‘outstanding firm with a very impressive client-service focus’, performing ‘consistently well’
- Martin Barrett’s team at RPC is ‘very commercial in approach’ and ‘understands the importance of putting itself in a client’s shoes’
- At RPC, the team’s ‘business acumen really shows through, rather than just legal opinion’, and ‘even at junior level the work is always to a very high standard’.
- ‘knows the publishing industry inside out’, and ‘seems to have acted for just about everyone in the sector’
- The ‘superb’ Robert Hogarth heads the contentious [construction] team, which provides ‘excellent’ handling of complex disputes
Chambers UK 2013
- "good at putting the client at ease and explaining the legal process to them." Clients also appreciate RPC's lawyers' "accessibility, both in terms of making themselves available for consultation, but also their manner, style and approach"
- "very professional, efficient and proactive in resolving an issue"
- "They are an excellent firm. I'm consistently impressed with how available, smart, thorough and diligent they are. All the people I've interacted with seem to be cut from the same cloth"
- "a very good team that will fight its corner, but is also very sensible"
- "One of the ways in which I think they particularly excel is tailoring their service to our cultural values"
The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "provides an ‘excellent, results-driven service’ and displays ‘great stamina on major deals’"
- "RPC’s ‘knowledgeable and practicable’ corporate team regularly punches above its weight in terms of deal size"
- "RPC’s team is ‘highly professional, and works in a timely manner’"
- "outstanding value for money"
- "The ‘excellent’... team at RPC ‘values strong relationships with its clients’, and is ‘approachable, commercial, savvy and clever’"
Chambers UK 2012
- "They know what we're like and what we want. Their advice is obviously spot-on legally, but it's the commercial side that gives them their advantage"
- "strong technically with great commercial insight - and it is approachable!"
- "I am absolutely delighted by their performance. They bend over backwards to give answers"
- "They have a good depth of resources and work well as a team"
- "They are exceptional value for money and genuinely care about the client"
The Legal 500, 2011 edition
- "a cut above the rest"
- "hands-on lawyers who provide value for money"
- "the most complex matters are carefully considered and explained without any legalistic jargon"
- "prompt, commercial advice and assistance, and value for money"
- "‘Hardworking, service-orientated’ team"
Chambers UK 2011
- "You can always get hold of them; there's always someone there to help"
- "They're accessible and pragmatic, and look at clients' business objectives instead of looking at the law in a vacuum"
- "I feel safe when I have their advice – they're quick, courteous and very good at phrasing things in the right way"
- "This firm is 'really on the up' in the disputes arena"
- "Reynolds Porter Chamberlain provides clients with an excellent service"
The Legal 500, 2010 edition
- "Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP delivers ‘an excellent quality of service and is able to deliver City quality while retaining the client focus and personable nature of a smaller firm’"
- "Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP ‘handles complicated and time-sensitive matters with confidence and efficiency’"
- "value for money and good, pragmatic legal advice"
- "the partners at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain LLP ‘punch their weight intellectually, without sitting on the fence’"
Chambers UK 2010
- "I would be left kicking and screaming if I couldn't use RPC!"
- "This firm's commitment to service and its clients draws enthusiastic praise from its loyal followers"
- "An unusually high level of personal involvement from this team makes for extraordinarily good client understanding."
- "This group is very well put together to provide clients with the optimum skills and support."
- "This firm gains special acclaim for high-end insurance and reinsurance work; it has excellent expertise in the financial institutions, construction and energy sectors."
- "A fantastic group with the right approach to both regulatory and corporate insurance work."
- "They make us feel like we are the most important client."
- "One hell of an insurance player. It does the work in spades."
- "This firm offers fantastic value for money."