- Phone: +44 (0)20 3060 6188
- Save To Outlook
- Practice areas:
- Dispute Resolution; Banking and Finance
- Banking and finance litigation, restructuring and insolvency litigation, commercial disputes, fraud claims
Andy is a partner in the commercial disputes team, specialising in banking and finance litigation.
Andy has extensive experience of disputes arising from structured finance and derivatives, including CDOs and credit default swaps. He generally acts for institutional investors, including hedge funds and non-UK banks and corporations, and high net worth individuals.
Selected Directory Listings
- "'user-friendly'... 'really very good with clients'" - Chambers UK 2012
- "combines a real understanding of the banking environment with the most imaginative litigation tactics" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- Advised one of the largest financial institutions in Germany in claims arising from the ratings downgrade of a Swap Counterparty and contractual interpretation in relation to a synthetic CDO.
- Acted for a number of Defendants in relation to claims brought by companies managed by the Fortress Group. The claim relates to the reorganisation of a fund structure, the underlying assets of which are worth approximately EUR 200 million. The claims include conspiracy, causing loss by unlawful means, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contract, knowing receipt, unjust enrichment and claims under sections 423 to 425 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acted for a European bank in its approximately EUR 200 million dispute with an investment bank regarding the validity of a swap transaction entered into between the parties.
- Acted for the Holders of a Class of Notes issued by real estate investment vehicles in relation to a dispute with the Trustee of the Notes concerning the construction of a condition in a trust deed setting out which class of Noteholder is the Controlling Class.
- Acted for a hedge fund with a focus on carbon credits in relation to its approximately EUR 80 million claim against an investment bank. The matter involves issues of inducing a breach of contract and breach of duty of confidence.
- Advised the former directors of a technology company in relation to requests for information from the Liquidator under section 235 of the Insolvency Act 1986 and potential claims that may arise.
- Acted for a high net worth individual in relation to a swap misselling claim against an investment bank.
- Advising the CEO of a FTSE 250 company in relation to claims against two investment banks arising from an aborted sale of approximately £70 million of shares by way of an agency trade.