- Phone: +44 (0)20 3060 6553
- Save To Outlook
- Practice areas:
- Insurance and reinsurance; Professions; Regulatory
- Insurance disputes, defending claims against accountants, directors and insurance brokers, insurance policy drafting
Simon defends claims made against directors, accountants and insurance brokers. Simon also advises London market insurers on complex coverage disputes, usually involving FI, PI, D&O or property policies (both direct and faculative reinsurances).
He has in-depth knowledge of these sectors, and has written and lectured extensively on them. His approach is to avoid disputes from arising through effective communication, but where this is not possible, he manages and resolves disputes pro-actively.
Selected directory listings
- "considered to be expert on D&O matters. Clients regard him as a 'very accomplished partner, with client focus and an easy-going manner, which make him very pleasant to work with'" - Chambers UK 2013
- "Recognised as a leading D&O lawyer, Simon Goldring wins respect for his 'brilliant and calm presentations to senior management" - Chambers UK 2012
Examples of relevant work
- Independent v Ramsay - claim against director
- Royal Ahold - insurance dispute