- Phone: +44 (0)20 3060 6467
- Save To Outlook
- Practice areas:
- Real Estate, Banking and Finance
- Investment, corporate occupiers, development – regeneration, property finance, real estate finance'
Martin is head of the Real Estate Group.
Martin has wide experience of acting for large corporate occupiers on their property holdings, including acting on the acquisition, disposal and development of head and regional offices. He has also advised funds and property holding companies on investment and on the management of their property portfolios, including sales and purchases, and on landlord and tenant matters. He regularly advises on development and development finance, town centre schemes, property finance and on the property aspects of corporate transactions.
- City of London Solicitors Company
- Pipeline Industries Guild
- City of London Property Association
Selected directory listings
- Listed as a leading individual in Real Estate - Commercial Property - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "excellent depth of experience and knowledge" - The Legal 500, 201 edition
- "Department head Martin Barrett is recommended" - The Legal 500, 2010 Edition
- Listed as a leading individual in Commercial Property, The Legal 500, 2009 and 2010 Editions
Examples of relevant work
- Acting for a corporate landowner on town centre development schemes in Cheltenham and Maidstone working, in each case, with a private developer and the local authority to deliver these schemes
- Acting for leading management consultants on the pre-letting of a 350,000 square foot new office development in City of London (with an option to take leases of over a further 150,000 square foot of the building)
- Acting for AkzoNobel on the disposal of ICI's London headquarters and relocation to offices in Victoria, having acted for ICI Group of Companies on all aspects of its property portfolio for over 15 years, including development of Severnside distribution park and disposal for redevelopment of many manufacturing/office sites
- Acting for AstraZeneca on all aspects of its UK property portfolio, including disposals, acquisitions and landlord and tenant matters
- Acting for both institutional investors and development companies on site assembly and development, pre-letting and funding arrangements on a number of schemes, including air space developments over railway lines
- Acting for several well-known train operators on all aspects of property railway work, including development of sites in conjunction with Network Rail and development partners
- Acting for a US private bank on providing finance in relation to the acquisition and re-financing of a number of investment properties and hotels
To read our Real Estate publications, click here.