- Phone: +44 (0)20 3060 6818
- Practice areas:
Philippa is a pensions lawyer with considerable experience of advising companies, investors and trustee boards on all aspects of pension law, regulation and practice. Her expertise includes the pensions aspects of sales, mergers, acquisitions and reorganisations and she has a particular interest in the Pensions Regulator's remit in relation to such activities. She also regularly advises on the pension aspects of stand-alone projects such as a scheme mergers and demergers, introducing salary sacrifice arrangements, implementing pension benefit changes, negotiating Government Actuaries Department (GAD) certificates for public to private sector transfers of employees and the legal issues relating to investment fund changes.
Philippa has many years' experience advising trustee boards on all aspects of managing and running their schemes, dealing with trustee conflicts of interest, improving scheme governance and managing member disputes and Pension Ombudsman complaints.
Philippa is a regular speaker on pension issues, most notably speaking at the National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) annual conference in October 2009 on the subject of enhanced transfer values.
Selected directories listings
- "'knowledgeable, helpful' and 'approachable'" - Chambers UK 2013
- "easy to talk to and very pragmatic" - The Legal 500, 2012 edition
- "very good technically, but also practical and commercial" - The Legal 500, 2011 edition
- "impress[es] trustee and employer clients alike" - The Legal 500, 2009 edition
- Elected member of the Main Committee of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Associate Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute (FPMI)
To read our Pensions publications, click here.