RPC offers up to 15 training contracts in London each year, but we are much more focussed on recruiting the right people with the right personality for us and our clients than filling an arbitrary number of positions. Because the vast majority of our trainees stay with us long after qualification, our major investment in you actually represents a major investment in the future of our firm.
We’re a different kind of law firm, and we’re looking for a different kind of trainee.
MUCH MORE THAN A TRAINEE
Good academic achievements are essential but there’s far more to it than an impressive list of qualifications. You’ll need eight high grade GCSEs, three high grade A-levels and a 2:1 degree awarded or predicted, or the equivalent qualifications. But we’re also looking for some very special qualities.
We’re looking for:
- A pioneering spirit
- Courage as well as intelligence
- Passion as well as pragmatism
- An ability to think outside the box and the confidence to ask, “But is it the right kind of box?"
- A keen awareness of the commercial world
- Energy, dynamism and enthusiasm
- Ambition (25% of our partners trained and qualified with us)
- An ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Total commitment
- Natural leadership skills
AS AN EMPLOYER
We believe that it's vitally important to offer our employees an effective reward and recognition package which offers competitive financial and non-financial benefits which are really valued by our people. Our scheme combines an award winning flexible benefits package and various reward and recognition plans. The package for Trainees includes:
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy extra)
- Childcare vouchers
- Computing scheme
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Everyday recognition plan
- Life cover
- Permanent health insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Ride2Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
The starting salary for trainees, as at September 2016, is £37,000 rising to £40,000 in the second year of training. We review salaries annually.
Financial support is offered to prospective trainees for the GDL and LPC; we ask all of our future trainees to study at University of Law. The firm will cover your fees and provide a maintenance grant. This is currently £7,000 per annum.