HMRC Criminal Investigations Webinar
Join our upcoming webinar with 2 Hare Court, providing information on how you can effectively navigate an HMRC criminal investigation and respond to their increasing information gathering powers.
Duration: 1 hour
Event type: Webinar
Provided by: RPC and 2 Hare Court
HMRC investigators have available to them a wide range of powers, and they are not afraid to use them. They can order you to provide information about your client, conduct dawn raids and secure freezing orders against your client. How can you protect your and your client's interests, while complying with your legal obligations?
Jonathan Kinnear QC of 2 Hare Court, Adam Craggs, Michelle Sloane and Alice Kemp, all of RPC, will explore these issues and arm you with the tools you and your clients need to deploy when HMRC comes knocking.
What you will learn:
HMRC's criminal information gathering powers
- What do you need to provide in response to Notices and Production Orders issued under section 62 of the Serious Organised Crime Act 2005 and section 345 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002? How much is too much?
- How can you comply with your legal obligations, without breaching the professional duty you owe to your client?
- What pre-emptive procedures and policies can you help your client put in place?
- How can you best support your client during a raid?
Account Freezing Orders and Forfeiture Orders
- What should you do in the event that HMRC seek an AFO or FO against your client?
- How can an AFO or FO be challenged?
Location: Past event