Wrongful birth: potential pitfalls and practical steps
It is no secret that wrongful birth claims present some of the most complex and challenging issues in medical malpractice. When the child has a disability, they can also be some of the largest value claims Insurers will face.
Duration: 1 hr 15 min
Event type: Seminar
Provided by: RPC
We will be looking at the key issues and potential pitfalls of such litigation, and will provide the essential toolkit for insurers.
In the seminar we will cover:
- The impact of recent case law including the Court of Appeal decision in Khan v MNX 
- Examining the 'patient journey' through the antenatal process, and the risks for certain Insureds
- Practical guidance for investigating liability and quantum
- Possible defences
- Applying the principles of vicarious liability and nondelegable duty of care
- Accurate reserving for largescale claims
Location: Past event