From listening to the market, we think the issues you might be having include:
- planning for increases in the National Minimum Wage
- the impact of business rates increases
- managing your store estate to meet the changing needs of customers
- tax and other regulatory investigations
- supply chain challenges and responding to the Modern Slavery Act
- data compliance and making a virtue out of GDPR
- gender pay gap reporting
- creating a constructive working environment whilst complying with Health & Safety legislation.
We value getting close to you and frequently conduct long-term and short-term secondments with our retail clients, both virtual and physical, to get to the heart of your challenges. We also believe in the importance of close relationships with the regulators, and work hard to foster these in the interests of our clients.
How we work
In retail, complex, bespoke solutions need to be delivered with speed and simplicity. Any business that is constantly evolving needs its lawyers to be equally flexible and forward thinking. A detailed knowledge of the retail sector is key. We have found that combining that knowledge with a thorough understanding of our clients' individual business requirements has contributed to the right commercial outcomes. We're proud to have been accredited as Best Legal Adviser by Legal Week eight years in a row, coming top overall out of all law firms in both 2015 and 2013.