Andrew is a corporate, commercial and regulatory lawyer who represents insurance companies, corporates, private equity and other investors and management teams.
With wide ranging experience of cross-border transactions, Andrew supports investor interests in a range of sectors, including in recent years insurance, retail and consumer products, tech and data, and sports and leisure. He has particular expertise in the Hong Kong insurance market where he advises clients on acquisitions, disposals, business transfers, product distribution arrangements, commercial contracts, restructuring projects, corporate governance and regulatory matters. He sits on the board of the Hong Kong Insurance Lawyers Association.
Andrew is qualified in both Hong Kong and England & Wales.
- Advising US private equity interests on the acquisition of a Hong Kong-based life insurance company.
- Obtaining a Hong Kong insurance licence for a large US medical insurer.
- Assisting a global broker group with the acquisition of a Singapore business and its subsequent restructuring.
- Supporting the Hong Kong business of a global insurer in its day-to-day regulatory matters, including corporate governance, distribution, product development and digitization.
- Assisting private equity and venture capital investments through funding rounds in a range of sectors.