Elly is an experienced lawyer whose practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, contentious regulatory matters and anti-bribery investigations.
Representing financial institutions, listed companies, China based companies and investors, multinational corporations and high net-worth individuals, Elly has extensive experience in commercial and contractual disputes and investigations conducted by regulators and enforcement agencies. She represents clients in proceedings before the Hong Kong courts and arbitral tribunals and advises clients on regulatory investigations on issues including disclosure obligations, insider dealing, market manipulation, fraud, corruption and money laundering. She also represents companies and liquidators in cross-border insolvency.
Elly was admitted to practice as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2006 and England & Wales in 2009. She is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English.
Recommended for Regulatory: Anti-Corruption and Compliance by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019)
- Representing a China based investor of a private equity fund in Hong Kong court applications and ICC and HKIAC arbitrations against the international fund management team for breach of trust and contracts and fraud claim in a USD 900 million dispute
- Representing an international investment bank in Hong Kong High Court action and appeal in relation to substantive asset acquisition in China by a publicly listed REIT
- Representing and advising an international investment bank in defending a Hong Kong Court action brought by former senior employee and related regulatory investigations
- Advising a Hong Kong listed company on internal investigations involving bribery allegations in APAC region
- Advising a China based investment management firm in an investigation concerning allegations of bribery payments in transactions
- Advising a multinational corporations with business operations in China and an international banks on FCPA and sanction investigations
- Advising listed companies on dawn raids and subpoenas by SFC and the Hong Kong Police
- Representing a NASDAQ listed China based company in defending a contractual claim in Hong Kong High Court
- Advising international financial institutions on implications of Hong Kong National Security Law and US Sanctions imposed on Hong Kong individuals
- Advising a natural resources company in a dispute with the Indonesian government in connection with mining contracts
- Advising and representing listed natural resources company in scheme of arrangement application in the Hong Kong High Court
- Representing liquidators of a multinational mining company in multi-jurisdiction liquidation, claims against former officers and recovery of assets
- Advising financial institutions on third-party discovery applications and Mareva injunctions