Erlene Tan is a transactional expert with a particular interest in cross-border private mergers and acquisitions in South East Asia.
Erlene supports a diverse group of clients with interests in commodities, finance, insurance and food & beverage services.
She also has valuable in-house experience, having spent time at a listed real estate developer where she advised on a myriad of corporate, commercial, listing, and regulatory matters.
- Acted for PT Great Giant Pineapple, the pineapple plantation unit of Indonesian conglomerate Gunung Sewu Group in the approximately US$60m acquisition of IDX-listed PT Sierad Produce Tbk
- Acted for all the stakeholders of PT iForte Solusi Infotek, including its strategic investor, Trifecta Investments Ltd, a member of the Saratoga Group, on the approximately US$63m divestment of their entire interest to PT Profesional Telekomunikasi Indonesia, a subsidiary of tower operator PT Sarana Menara Nusantara Tbk
- Acted for PT Padma Terang Sentosa, one of the sellers, in the approximately US$70m divestment of a 85% interest in PT Sinar Mitra Sepadan Finance, a micro-financing company in Indonesia to ORIX Corporation, a financial services group headquartered in Japan and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange
- Successfully represented Red Dragon Group Pte Ltd in the restructuring of its US$200m 2% secured exchangeable bonds exchangeable for shares in PT Central Proteina Prima Tbk, a leading aquaculture company listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, which was approved unanimously by the existing bondholders
- Represented PT Atlas Resources Tbk, an IDX-listed coal mining company, in the restructuring of its existing banking and other credit facilities with an aggregate face value in excess of US$90m