Helena is a solicitor advocate based in Singapore, specialising in construction, energy and insurance related matters.She advises on policy coverage, subrogated recoveries, and contractual disputes arising out of property, construction and engineering, and energy related losses. Helena has particular experience in complex contractual disputes and recoveries arising out of large construction and engineering projects globally.
Helena is admitted in England and Wales and has Higher Rights of Audience in the English civil courts. She is experienced in international arbitrations conducted under various institutional regimes, litigation and mediation, in both private practice and the public sector.
- Representing an international oil and gas company in a large Singapore-seated, ICC arbitration concerning the construction of an onshore LNG processing facility and associated infrastructure in Australia
- Acting for a contractor in an appeal to the UK Supreme Court in connection with the design and construction of a hydro-electric project in the UK and advising on related CAR insurance issues
- Representing a Middle Eastern government in ICC arbitrations against an engineer and contractor relating to the construction of a new international airport
- Representing a state owner in an ICC arbitration arising out of the construction of a nuclear power plant
- Representing UK Department for Transport against motor insurance companies in a judicial review