Jacky Darsono is a commercial disputes partner based in our Hong Kong office. He represents clients in court, arbitration and financial regulatory matters.
He has advised and litigated cases before the Courts of Hong Kong, Singapore and England and Wales, with a substantial portion of those matters involving applications for urgent interim injunctive relief. He has also represented clients in arbitration proceedings, both institutional and ad hoc (Hong Kong, Singapore, China and Indonesia). He has dealt with a broad range of disputes including corporate, commercial, shareholder disputes, financial services, regulatory investigations, judicial review, professional negligence, product liability, cross-border contentious insolvency, fraud and asset recovery, defamation and shipping.
Jacky is qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong. In addition to English, he speaks fluent Cantonese, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia and Malay. Due to his background, Jacky has had extensive experience in advising clients from various jurisdictions and backgrounds and in particular offering support in respect of legal matters with Indonesian elements.
- Representing a minority shareholder of an iron ore project company based in Indonesia in a HKIAC arbitration for disputes arising under the shareholders’ agreement. The arbitration concerned breaches of restricted matters provisions by the project company, which was ultimately resolved by settlement.
- Acting for a Chinese State-Owned Enterprise in securing urgent practical control over a joint venture company based in Hong Kong by multiple urgent injunctive applications before Hong Kong courts and arbitration proceedings.
- Acting for insolvency office holders on multiple enforcement proceedings in Hong Kong and the PRC in relation to a defaulted loan to a PRC-based property developer.
- Acting for a pharmaceutical company in defending a product liability claim brought by the widower of the deceased who alleged that the relevant consumed products contravened the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance.
- Defending a leading international law firm in a claim for professional negligence brought by the liquidators for the sum of USD 300 million.
- Defending a leading accounting firm in respect of a claim for audit negligence in the region of RMB 6.5 billion arising out of a corporate collapse following the publication of certain short sellers reports.
- Acting for a Big Four accounting firm, as the sole advocate, in defending an application for a third-party discovery order arising out of a dispute between two conglomerates in Hong Kong
- Acting for multiple accounting firms in in respect of numerous regulatory enquiries, investigations and disciplinary proceedings by HKICPA, FRC and SFC.
- Acting for a leading medical insurer, by co-ordinating with Indonesian Counsel, to recover multi-million dollars paid under an employees' healthcare insurance policy wrongfully held by an Indonesian corporate due to material non-disclosures and suspected fraud.
- Acting for a leading private bank in its successful defence against a constructive trust claim brought by a Russian oligarch arising from an art scandal