Jon Bartley specialises in digital technology and e-commerce, data protection, cybersecurity and consumer law.
Jon has 20 years' experience as a commercial contracts lawyer. He helps clients manage their legal risk whilst still achieving key business objectives.
Advising domestic and international clients, including well-known consumer brands, Jon acts on a wide range of commercial contracts, including supply of goods and services, reseller and distribution, and licence agreements.
He specialises in technology and digital business contracts, including SaaS, IaaS and other cloud solutions, software development and licence agreements, and data analytics projects.Jon also assists clients on regulatory matters including data protection and cybersecurity issues (data security breaches, data analytics and marketing, data transfers and GDPR readiness), cybersecurity, e-commerce regulation and consumer law.
- Fortune 500 managed services provider – long-standing mandate advising on software implementation projects, including SaaS enterprise collaboration software and app development, hosting and support
- Major contract electronics manufacturer – advising on and negotiating an agreement with a Big Six energy supplier to supply in-home display devices as part of the UK smart-metering rollout programme, including a flow-down sub-contract with the hardware design provider
- Cybersecurity software provider – advising on a licence, software localisation and reseller agreement with a major Japanese conglomerate in respect of a cybersecurity information-sharing platform
- Global management consultancy – advising on contracts with software developers and hosting providers to supply a business intelligence solution to the healthcare sector
- Luxury high-street retailer – supporting consumer brand client following a data security breach, including advising the directors on likely legal liability, mitigation and reporting and drafting notification to the Information Commissioner
City of London Law Society Commercial Law Committee
Law Society Working Group on EU Consumer Rights Directives (Goods and Digital Content)
International Association of Privacy Professionals
Society for Computers and LawTech London Advocates