Karen is a well-known insurance lawyer, specialising in defence and coverage advice relating to financial lines claims, particularly against professionals, both domestic and international.Highly regarded for her direct and commercial approach to the resolution of complex and high-value claims against professionals, Karen also has vast experience advising insurers on coverage issues. Additionally she has drafted Professional Indemnity and Management Liability policy wordings on behalf of insurers and insurance intermediaries.
Karen has been involved with claims against members of the legal profession since qualification, both in a defence capacity or providing monitoring services or strategic advice to excess layer insurers on claims attracting significant market interest. Over the years she has acted or advised on claims impacting many of the Top 30 law firms.
In addition to claims against lawyers, Karen has also defended and provided coverage advice and monitoring services relating to claims against accountants, tax advisors, insolvency practitioners insurance intermediaries and corporate service providers (particularly offshore).
- Defending a significant claim against an offshore lawyer for allegedly mishandled litigation in Europe
- Defending a multi-million pound claim against a tax advisor following the settlement of client assets into an offshore trust
- Providing monitoring services and strategic advice in relation to a multi-million dollar claim against insolvency practitioners arising out of the liquidation of an international fund
- Providing monitoring services and strategic advice to an international firm of accountants facing claims in the UK and US arising out of audit services to a US client
- Defending an insurance intermediary in a substantial claim for losses allegedly caused by breach of a Binding Authority Agreement.