With over 20 years' experience as a corporate lawyer, clients rely on Michael Scott for guide them through multi-million pound PFI/PPP and outsourcing projects.
Michael's practice sees him acting on projects in both the public and private sector, spanning a wide range of industries and services including: defence, technology, health, infrastructure, business process outsourcing, nuclear, education, energy and waste management.
Typically involving UK or pan-European elements, Michael is an expert at facilities management outsourcing, acting on the MoD Prime contracts and the wholesale outsourcing of the largest UK insurers' claims handling division. He also advises on incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
Contracting authorities and service providers turn to Michael on all aspects of procurement law, from OJEU procedures during the tender process, to remedies available for breach of the procurement regulations, following contract award.
Michael has written articles and lectured on UK PFI/PPP, outsourcing and commercial law.
Example of work
- Advised private sector partner and prime contractor on the £400m project relating to the redevelopment and reorganisation of office and science. accommodation for the Defence Science and Technology Laboratories (MoD)
- Advised consortium on Regional Prime Central, £500m PRIME contract with the MoD to act as prime contractor for the MoD's estate in the central region
- Advised consortium on Housing Prime, £690m PRIME contract with the MoD to act as prime contractor for the MOD's estate of service accommodation
- Advised bidding consortium on £1.2b CATS project to provide aerial targets to the MoD over 20 years
- Advising sponsor and operator on innovative joint venture to manage and operate property based portfolio involving more than 5000 properties for major UK investors
The "very good" Michael Scott specialises in high-value projects and has particular expertise in defence and accommodation outsourcing' - Chambers UK 2016
"Michael Scott is considered by sources to be "calm and reasonable," and someone who "understands and can articulate well the commercial needs to be considered in a decision." He has a wealth of experience in corporate law and PFI/PPP and outsourcing" - Chambers UK 2015
"Michael Scott is commended for his commercial approach to service-based contracts. "Rather than just advising on the flat-line legal position, he is able to interpret that position into a context and create dialogue around the best position"" - Chambers UK 2014
- International Nuclear Law Association
- Business Services Association
- National Outsourcing Association