Peter has a broad corporate practice with particular experience in domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and investment work (acting for both investors and investee companies). He has particular expertise in the retail and technology sectors and regularly acts for private equity and venture capital firms and their portfolio companies.Before joining RPC in October 2015, Peter spent seven years at Slaughter and May.
Peter studied law at Cambridge University and is married with two children. He is a keen sportsman, with a particular passion for rugby, cricket, skiing and sailing.
- Advising Stella McCartney on the buyout of her existing joint venture with Kering and the subsequent entry into a new arrangement with LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton
- Advising the owners of luxury luggage brand Globe-Trotter on the sale of a majority stake to private equity fund Oakley Capital
- Advising Mobeus Equity Partners on various Series A and Series B investments, including in the edutech business MyTutor, the legaltech business Legatics, the retailer Bella & Duke and the financial media portal Proactive Investors
- Advising Azzurri Group (owner of Zizzi and ASK Italian) on its corporate and commercial restructuring following its pre-pack administration
- Advising US private equity fund Paine Schwartz Partners on various mandates
- Advising the founder of a data management group on a sale (and rollover of proceeds) to a private equity buyer
- Advising Daily Mail and General Trust on the sale of Wowcher and the related joint venture with UK private equity fund Exponent
- Advising the portfolio company of a UK mid-market private equity fund on multiple strategic bolt-on acquisitions
- Supporting a FTSE 100 retailer, including on acquisitions, disposals and strategic investments
- Advising various early-stage companies on their seed and Series A funding rounds
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2022
"Peter Sugden is outstanding. He combines exceptional legal skills with a practical approach, and to top it all off, he’s a pleasure to work with." - The Legal 500 UK 2022
"Peter Sugden offers a superb level of balanced advice and service." - The Legal 500 UK 2022