Rowan is an experienced Legal Director in the Medical / Life Sciences team.Rowan advises manufacturers and suppliers of medical devices and pharmaceutical products, academic and research organisations, private healthcare providers, individuals and their insurers. She defends product liability claims, claims arising out of clinical trials and multi-party medical malpractice claims. She is recognised for her expertise in defending group litigation and claims involving multiple jurisdictions. Rowan also provides advice and representation at inquests and in relation to investigations by regulatory bodies.
Rowan gives training to clients on a range of issues affecting the Life Science and Healthcare industries.
Rowan is ranked in the Legal 500 and recommended as a "Next Generation Lawyer".
Next Generation Lawyer. - Legal 500 UK 2018
The "hardworking" and "very friendly" Rowan Brown is noted for her "good attention to detail" - Legal 500 UK 2018
She is experienced in group litigation and matters with an international focus. - Legal 500 UK 2018
Medical Life Sciences team:
- "They're always professional, helpful and collaborative, and they give us a consistently excellent service across the board." – Chambers UK, 2019
- "On medical devices the team is very impressive," – Chambers UK 2019
- "They are just excellent. They always work extremely hard and are good with checking procedure." – Chambers UK, 2019
- "I was carefully guided by the team through the whole process and they were very supportive. They were very well prepared and learned very quickly about the case." – Chambers 2019
- 'Commercial, strategic and pragmatic' practice and the 'very experienced and highly skilled' team – Legal 500 2018
- The team provides 'extremely high level of service and support' in product liability claims – Legal 500 2018
Young v Anglo American South Africa 2014- represented Anglo American and its insurers in far reaching Court of Appeal victory on jurisdiction, specifically the interpretation of Article 60 of the Brussels 1 regulation
PIP breast implants litigation- defended the UK supplier and its insurers against group litigation arising from the use of PIP breast implants
Ian Paterson litigation- defended a private hospital group in relation to hundreds of claims by individuals who alleged negligent treatment by surgeon, Ian Paterson.