Spotlight on private wealth - February 2019
Welcome to our new look Spotlight. Our quarterly update highlights developments in the private client world – with a focus on disputes and how to avoid them.
This edition has a decidedly digital feel; we look at how cryptoassets are taxed and blockchain in the art market. We also explore how disgruntled would-be beneficiaries can challenge a will.
If you have any feedback on this update or would like to know more about the issues covered, or anything else, get in touch.
Explore the latest edition
The big question
Will blockchain dominate the art world in 2019? Read more.
What's new? - an update since our last edition
- Executors not entitled to costs of resisting removal where they acted unreasonably. Read more.
- Plans to extend the Trust Registration Service. Read more.
- Anti-money laundering regulations – all change in the art sector. Read more.
- How are cryptoassets taxed? Read more.
- Has a disappointed beneficiary any options? Read more.
- Inheritance tax – is reform on the way? Read more.
- The TerraLex asset tracing guide is here!