Spotlight on private wealth - June 2019
Our quarterly update is designed to keep you up to speed with developments in disputes, and how you can avoid them, in the private client world.
In this edition we examine knotty issues around succession planning and difficult art-related disputes with HMRC. We also ask if mediation is the answer to family fall-outs. If you have any feedback on this update or would like to know more about the issues covered, or anything else, get in touch.
Explore the latest edition
The big question
Is HMRC’s scrutiny of artwork licences set to increase? Read more.
What's new? - an update since our last edition
- Court warns that claims for a deceased’s property need to be brought in time. Read more.
- Beneficial ownership in all British Overseas Territories – House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee recommends publication of public registers. Read more.
- Court decides clear evidence needed that a will has been revoked. Read more.
- Is mediation the answer for family disputes? Read more.
- What happens if you don’t make a will? Read more.
- What do you do if your art is seized at the border? Read more.
- RPC explores asset recovery in the English courts. Read more.