Taxing Matters: A handy guide to appeals
Welcome to the eighth episode of our Taxing Matters podcast. In this series we review land-mark cases and key tax developments and discuss the commercial impact they could have on your business.
In this episode, following on from our episode on judicial reviews, we take a look at another key tool in the taxpayer's arsenal – the appeal. Costa Christofi provides practical tips on the steps involved in appealing an HMRC decision.
Costa's insights into the appeal process cover topics including:
- What kinds of decisions are appealable;
- Tight timeframes and what to do if you miss one;
- Evidence that should be collected to rely on at a hearing; and
- The impact of COVID-19 and lockdown on hearings.
* Please note these podcasts will not run on Internet Explorer
If you would like to discuss any of the matters raised in this episode, please contact email@example.com.
All information is correct at the time of recording. Taxing Matters is not a substitute for legal advice.