International law firm RPC launches global legal accelerator programme RPC Tectonic to support tech businesses in the ESG space
International law firm RPC today announced that it is launching RPC Tectonic, a global legal accelerator programme focused on supporting technology businesses which are addressing environmental, social and/or governance (ESG) issues.
- Global legal accelerator programme aims to support technology businesses which are addressing environmental, social and/or governance (ESG) issues.
- RPC Tectonic to provide up to £100,000 worth of advice to each participating tech company, plus training, networking opportunities and access to template contracts.
In its first cohort, the RPC Tectonic programme, which will operate an innovative subscription model, will choose up to two participants which will each receive up to £100,000 worth of advice from RPC's team of expert lawyers, together with bespoke training, networking events, access to model documents and other benefits.
The programme is open to tech companies from across the globe whose business is focused on addressing ESG issues. The firm will consider all applicants, at all stages in their lifecycle, which are able to explain how they're involved in addressing the environmental, social and/or governance issues that we are facing as a society.
Successful applicants will be offered a number of benefits, including:
- access to up to £100,000 of advice from RPC's team of expert lawyers;
- tailored training and development sessions;
- access to the firm's modern offices in London, Bristol, Hong Kong and Singapore to host key external meetings;
- introductions to and networking opportunities with the firm's extensive network of clients, advisers and investors;
- and access to template legal documents.
RPC has a long history of advising technology businesses of all sizes, ranging from the world's largest tech disruptors to high growth start-ups who turn to RPC to help them innovate and develop their business in an evolving market dominated by unprecedented opportunity, radical disruption and complex regulation. RPC's dedicated technology team works closely with expert commercial lawyers across the firm to advise tech companies on a full suite of services ranging from incorporation and investment processes to strategic commercial arrangements and IP protection.
RPC Tectonic is led by the firm's Head of Commercial Jeremy Drew, and corporate partner Peter Sugden
Peter Sugden said: "We are really excited to be able to partner with companies that are embracing ESG goals in order to deliver a broad and meaningful social impact. We are passionate about ESG issues and using our position to support ambitious companies which are driving real change in society"