Marsha is a corporate lawyer focussed on fintech, financial services and technology.
Marsha is a pragmatic and commercial lawyer and has hands-on experience, having been head of legal at the fintech consultancy, 11:FS.
She has a broad corporate practice, with particular experience in private M&A (buy and sell side), equity fundraisings (investors and investees) and corporate advisory (reorganisations, reductions in capital, etc.).
Marsha primarily acts for financial services and fintech/tech clients. She has a keen interest in fintech and insurtech and has advised on several fintech fundraisings and partnerships (see highlights below).
Previously, Marsha spent six years in the corporate team at Herbert Smith Freehills. She also has client experience from Marsh McLennan, Tandem Bank, 11:FS and Accenture.
You can follow Marsha's fintech and legal insights on LinkedIn.
• Advising a Tier 1 bank on its first and follow-on investments and commercial partnership with a leading UK fintech*
• Advising a UK challenger bank on multiple convertible debt and equity fundraisings, its acquisitions of two lending businesses, as well as several corporate advisory and regulatory matters*
• Supporting a fintech consultancy on a range of corporate and lending matters*
• Acting for a UK banking software fintech on its set-up, investment rounds and commercial partnership with an overseas bank*
• Advising a global asset manager on its acquisitions of two UK WealthTech companies and various corporate advisory matters*
• Advising a global accountancy firm on its proposed acquisition of a financial modelling start-up
• Working with various other banks, (re)insurers, fintechs and investors on corporate and regulatory matters (including Part VII transfers), as well as start-ups, social impact enterprises and charities on structuring, (crowd)funding, partnerships and other matters
*Deals advised from Marsha's previous firm.
"Dedicated and hard working lawyer with incredible intellect" - The Legal 500 UK, 2020 edition
"Continually demonstrates a thorough knowledge of banks' complex constitutional arrangements" - The Legal 500 UK, 2020 edition