Snapshots Winter 2021
A roundup of key legal developments for the modern commercial lawyer.
Snapshots seeks to cover everything the commercial lawyer needs to know from the previous quarter, aiming to address all the major changes affecting commercial law, from the key cases to data, digital, consumer and advertising developments.
- How is the ICO responding to the UK Government’s data strategy?
- When a “Ring” doorbell lands you with a data fine
- ICO consults on new draft journalism code of practice
- Lloyd v Google: The Supreme Court’s verdict
- Apple’s changes in privacy settings results in Snap shareholder class action
- Damages denied for a minor data breach which is remedied quickly
- New Ofcom video-sharing platform guidance
- New draft EU Regulation to strengthen cybersecurity of wireless devices and products
- UK Government responds to ‘Call for Views’ on measures to enhance security of digital supply chains and third-party IT services
- G7 countries agree to a set of five digital trade principles to make digital and telecommunications markets more competitive, transparent and fair
- ASA upholds complaint against Dormeo for misleading “half price” claim
- CAP publishes “the Best Guide to Objective vs Subjective Claims in the Universe”
- O2 fails in “best coverage” claim
- Don’t say your gambling is “unlimited” (even if it is)
- CAP publishes guidance on advertising in-game purchases such as loot boxes
- CAP and BCAP seek evidence on body image harm in online advertising and social media