FIG - Female Insurance Group
RPC's Female Insurance Group (FIG) is a network established to put women from across the insurance industry in touch with one another for support and professional development.
Since its launch in April 2013, FIG has been hard at work to promote gender equality in the Workplace. We have expanded to Asia where FIGA hosts several events throughout the year from our offices in Hong Kong and Singapore. The network now has over 1,000 members, all of whom enjoy the benefit of access to first-class training and networking events. Recognising the need to equip our members with the necessary confidence and skills to develop and excel into their workplaces, in April 2020 we introduced our Boardroom Ready programme, with the aim of providing opportunities for members to learn, develop and hone their skills on a wide range of topics, from overcoming imposter syndrome, to how to be an effective board member, to developing communication skills.
As we now take on changes both within the workplace and society more widely, FIG will be broadening to become gender neutral, allowing for combined input from a range of people around RPC, the insurance market and beyond. This will open up areas for new events and initiatives and encourage the conversation in a much broader way. Our focus now will not only be on maintaining the engagement we have received up until now from our members but also driving support from a wider audience.
And we'll keep that going in Bristol, Hong Kong and Singapore as well, where the programme continues to expand and grow.
You can also join our LinkedIn Group here to keep up to date on upcoming events, webinars and information.
Career agility - the new intelligence? With Rachel Brushfield - Wednesday 9 June 2021
Achieving your potential - Wednesday 19 May 2021
- Alison's book: Inside Knowledge – How women can thrive in professional service firms. This covers all the tips in more detail
- Sylvia Ann Hewlett: Forget a Mentor, Find a Sponsor: The New Way to Fast-Track Your Career
- Harvard Business Review: Vague Feedback is Holding Women Back
- Harvard Business Review: Manage Your Energy, Not Your Time
- Harvard Business Review: Make Yourself Sponsor-Worthy
- The Atlantic: The Confidence Gap
- Susan Colantuono talk on focussing on the strategic and commercial: The career advice you probably didn't get
- Elisabeth Cox animation on imposter syndrome (With my caveat to be careful about over disclosing): What is Imposter Syndrome and how can you combat it?
Storytelling and Authentic Leadership - Tuesday 23 March 2021
Imposter Syndrome - Wednesday 9 December 2020 Webinar summary
The Effective Director with Jeremy Small - Tuesday 13 October 2020
Opening the door to your creativity - Thursday 10 September 2020
How to promote yourself in lockdown - Tuesday 14 July 2020
Getting "Boardroom Ready" - Wednesday 29 April 2020Excel workbook