John Paul Koh
John Paul is a dispute resolution lawyer specialising in marine insurance and reinsurance. He has experience in marine and energy (offshore) insurance risks.
John Paul provides coverage advice to insurers/reinsurers across all lines of business including cargo, marine liability, and H&M. He also has experience of advising on the implications of vessel arrests in Singapore, as well as marine casualty and shipping disputes.
John Paul has experience in international arbitrations conducted under various institutional rules such as ICC, SIAC, SCMA, SMAA and LMAA, as well as Singapore litigation.
- Acted for a Libyan state-owned oil and gas company in multiple arbitration proceedings before the ICC arising out of the construction of a Floating Storage Offloading vessel.
- Acted for an Indonesian state-owned energy company in arbitration proceedings before the SIAC concerning the performance of an upstream consultancy agreement.
- Acted for an Indian construction conglomerate in its dispute with an Eastern European state-owned entity for the construction of overhead transmission power cables.
- Acted for a foreign state-owned entity in its application before the Singapore High Court to set aside an international arbitration award, and the opposing party's subsequent appeal to the Singapore Court of Appeal.
- Acted for a freight forwarder in its claim before the Singapore High Court for unpaid fees.