Kate Langley is part of the Regulatory Group and advises clients on white collar crime matters, from compliance programmes to contentious investigations and regulatory liaison.Kate has extensive financial crime compliance experience, including anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and anti-tax evasion, along with conducting investigations into suspected fraud.
- Women Lawyers Division committee (Law Society of England and Wales)
- The Fraud Lawyers Association
- Female Fraud Forum
- Advising the companies in relation to the 11th and 12th UK Deferred Prosecution Agreements (DPAs).
- Running the court appointed two year Independent Review of a company's compliance programme, pursuant to a DPA.
- Acting for a multinational company in conducting an internal investigation following third party requests made in relation to one of the most high profile international claims of the decade.
- Analysis of suspicious payments for a FTSE350 company, drafting the investigation report and producing a one page "lessons learnt" for the business to seek to reduce financial crime risk.
- Supporting an audit firm and individual in responding to an SFO investigation, along with associated professional disciplinary proceedings.
- Investigating suspected market abuse and breach of employee confidentiality.
- Leading international financial crime review projects, conducting site visits, risk assessments, board reporting and compliance strategy.
- Conducting pre-acquisition financial crime due diligence exercises.
- Delivering client training on financial crime compliance.