Navin Joseph Lobo
Specialising in commercial and civil and disputes, regulatory compliance and investigations in Asia, Navin Joseph Lobo is an experienced trial and appellate litigator and arbitration practitioner.
As a dispute specialist, Navin has extensive experience in complex cross-jurisdiction commercial and civil disputes. Navin serves clients in a variety of sectors particularly technology, media and retail and frequently acts in shareholder and joint venture disputes, directors' liability, professional malpractice and trust disputes.
As both an advocate and solicitor, Navin handles his own advocacy in all levels of the Singapore Courts as well as in arbitrations. He has acted in arbitrations administered by SIAC, ICC, HKIAC and ICSID.
Navin is also adroit in the regulatory compliance and investigations sphere. He has extensive experience in dealing with regulators in regulatory prosecution and investigation matters. Navin is skilled at advising on and undertaking internal investigations in times of crisis, particularly those arising out of employment issues, corporate fraud, corruption and other white-collar crimes.
Navin is dual qualified as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore, he is also admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of England and Wales.
He is based in Singapore and practices out of Premier Law LLC.
- "Navin is very responsive and attentive to our needs. He is knowledgeable about the law as well as the relevant processes and procedures surrounding legal matters. He always tries to accommodate our time difference and is quick with providing advice and required work product. We enjoy working with him." - Asialaw Profile 2019
- "Impressive." - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019
- "Navin Joseph Lobo is a skilled and experienced lawyer who is able to give sound practical advice. He is very capable and knowledgeable. He has always been able to deliver and I am very happy with his service." - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019
- Recommended individual for compliance and investigations – Dispute Resolution, Singapore - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019
- "Navin Joseph Lobo is "intelligent, hard-working and cost-conscious" - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2010/2011
- Successfully acted for an Australian venture capital firm in its dispute against a subsidiary of a Singapore-listed oil and gas company for breach of an investment agreement relating to the failed exploration of oil and gas in the West Jambi area in Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Successfully acted for a joint venture holding company in its dispute against its managing director for breaches of directors' duties and contracts resulting in losses of S$2 Million in the context of the joint venture's acquisition of leading cold chain logistics businesses in the People's Republic of China and underlying shareholder disputes.
- Advised the subsidiary of a US-headquartered global technology company in respect of its internal investigations and claims against a former finance manager who fraudulently misappropriated S$4 Million over a period of four years via a sophisticated fraudulent scheme.
- Successfully acted for a leading software producer and its regional licensing subsidiaries in their US$ 15 Million software licensing disputes against an India-headquartered conglomerate.
- Represented the owner-operator of the Atlantis, The Palm resort in Dubai, United Arab Emirates against a wildlife export specialist for breach of contract in respect of the capture, training, domestication and transport of live manta rays.