Vani Nair is a litigation and arbitration lawyer, specialising in commercial and civil disputes, focusing on complex shareholder and joint venture disputes.Vani is an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. As part of her litigation portfolio, Vani has acted for both local and international clients in complex cross-border commercial and civil disputes before all levels of the Singapore Courts. She serves clients in a variety of sectors, particularly retail and consumer and energy and utilities.
Vani has experience in a broad range of contentious matters, which includes advising and acting for clients in commercial lease disputes, construction disputes, complex commercial contract disputes, conspiracy claims and white-collar employee fraud actions. She has a particular focus on corporate disputes and has represented clients in matters pertaining to shareholder disagreements, breaches of directors' duties, minority oppression and joint venture disputes.
Vani is also well placed to provide strategic advice and insight on dealing with government agencies and statutory boards on regulatory matters, as she deals with these regulators regularly as part of her enforcement practice.
Vani is based in Singapore and practices out of Premier Law LLC.
- Successfully acted for a joint venture holding company in its dispute against its managing director for breaches of directors' duties and contracts resulting in losses of S$2 Million in the context of the joint venture's acquisition of leading cold chain logistics businesses in the People's Republic of China and underlying shareholder disputes.
- Advised the subsidiary of a US-headquartered global technology company in respect of its internal investigations and claims against a former finance manager who fraudulently misappropriated S$4 Million over a period of four years via a sophisticated fraudulent scheme.
- Represented a leading global spice trading company headquartered in Germany in its enforcement of its arbitral award obtained against a Singapore supplier.
- Acted for the subsidiary of a major Singapore-listed construction company for its breaches of high value disputes, including claims in respect of supply and installation of specialized security systems.
- Regularly advises and acts for a luxury hotel owner and real estate developer (and its numerous subsidiaries where applicable) in relation to various contentious matters that they face during the course of their business.