Yi-Shun Teoh's practice focuses on international arbitration, commercial litigation and regulatory investigations and enforcement.Yi-Shun has represented clients in Hong Kong litigation and international arbitrations under the leading institutional rules (including ICC, HKIAC, SIAC, CIETAC and UNCITRAL) seated in Hong Kong, Singapore, London and Beijing. He has extensive experience of interlocutory injunctions (including asset freezing injunctions) before the Hong Kong courts and emergency arbitration proceedings. Yi-Shun has appeared as advocate in interlocutory applications before the Hong Kong Court of First Instance and as counsel in international arbitration hearings.
Yi-Shun has experience in SFC regulatory investigations and enforcement, including before the Securities and Futures Appeals Tribunal and cases involving corporate fraud, intermediaries misconduct, internal control failures, foreign bribery, customs, data privacy and employment.
Yi-Shun is admitted to practice in Hong Kong, England and Wales and New South Wales (Australia). Prior to joining RPC, he also worked in Singapore, London and Sydney. Yi-Shun clerked for the Honourable Justice Richard F. Edmonds of the Federal Court of Australia.
- Arbitration Committee, Law Society of Hong Kong
- Arbitration and ADR Committee, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Hong Kong
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Contributor to Hong Kong Civil Procedure from 2016 to 2018 / Hong Kong White Book (Arbitration and ADR), Sweet & Maxwell
- D’Agostino J, Wallace M & Teoh Y, Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal refuses leave to appeal in the Grand Pacific v. Pacific China case, Kluwer Arbitration, February 2013
- Contributor to Choong J & Weeramantry R, The Hong Kong Arbitration Ordinance: Commentary and Annotations, Sweet & Maxwell, Hong Kong, 2011
- Representing a leading Hong Kong architectural firm in its successful HKIAC arbitration in Hong Kong arising out of a construction project in Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, including its successful defence of an application to set aside the arbitral award in its favour before the Hong Kong Court of First Instance and enforcement of the award in Hong Kong
- Representing two leading global financial institutions in a high-value HKIAC arbitration in Hong Kong and related emergency relief proceedings for a worldwide Mareva injunction in relation to a PRC manufacturing investment
- Representing a leading private equity firm in a high-value HKIAC arbitration in Hong Kong and related court proceedings in Hong Kong and Singapore for Mareva injunctions in relation to a PRC pharmaceutical investment
- Representing a leading retail operator in its landmark appeal before the Hong Kong Court of Appeal against a decision by the Hong Kong Court of First Instance to set aside an ICC arbitral award in its favour, including its successful defence of an application for leave to appeal to the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal (the leading case in Hong Kong on setting aside of arbitral awards)
- Representing a leading U.S. food supplier in the Hong Kong Court of First Instance in relation to a cross-border wire fraud case involving funds frozen by the Joint Financial Intelligence Unit and the Commercial Crime Bureau of the Hong Kong Police
- Representing a leading Hong Kong asset manager in relation to an investigation by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) into alleged misconduct, including insider dealing / market manipulation and breaches of disclosure of interest obligations, related SFC disciplinary proceedings and appeal before the Securities and Futures Appeals Tribunal