Snapshots Autumn 2023
A roundup of key legal developments for the modern commercial lawyer.
Snapshots seeks to cover everything the commercial lawyer needs to know from the previous quarter, aiming to address all the major changes affecting commercial law, from the key cases to data, digital, consumer and advertising developments.
- Financial claim caught by clause excluding liability for loss of anticipated profits
- Terminating software agreements when they fail to deliver software deliverables on time
- Limitation of liability clauses in software development projects – financial caps
- Pre-contractual documents – when heads of terms are legally binding and enforceable
- European Parliament publishes draft report on the addictive design of online services
- The Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform) Act 2023 – a happy new year?
- UK Government u-turns on phasing out “CE” product safety marking
- Government consults on improving price transparency and product information for consumers
- New data bridge to allow for UK-US data transfers
- UK ICO and CMA release joint position paper on harmful design in digital markets 21UK ICO publishes joint statement on data scraping and the protection of privacy
- UK ICO publishes draft biometric data and technologies guidance for public consultation
- New Development: Updated ICO guidance on “likely to be accessed by children”