Coupled with our dedicated regulatory / product liability practice, our offering is tailor-made to support the food & drink industry. We have significant experience working with regulators, supporting lobbying campaigns and industry-wide initiatives, and working closely with our reputation management team to manage risk for our clients in the sector.
Clients come to us because we invest in long-term partnerships. We align ourselves to our clients’ needs and act as an extension of their team rather than as outside advisors. We are our clients’ “critical friend”, providing legal and commercial guidance on current sector issues so they can protect their business, their reputation, their people and ultimately, their bottom line. Sharing market intelligence is at the heart of our offering, using our rich experience and knowledge to deliver competitive advantages to our clients, helping them break into new markets and open new revenue streams.
We also have a particular focus on supporting companies wanting to break into – or who are already leaders in – health & wellbeing, by helping those businesses navigate the new health-driven regulatory environment.
For all of our latest food and drink developments, including our regular 'RPC Bites' roundups, please click here.
- PizzaExpress: a global partnership with app giant Deliveroo relating to the provision of food delivery services. We also advise on all commercial contracts including product supply and promotion/ sponsorship agreements
- Premium and luxury spirits brands: exploitation and protection of IP rights, IP enforcement and counterfeit issues, sponsorship and endorsement arrangements and IP disputes in various jurisdictions
- UK’s leading food gift company: business-critical renegotiations of existing supply arrangements and wider strategic advice around its international supply operations
- TATA Global Beverages: Global IT infrastructure outsourcing project
- Kout Food Group: various restaurant acquisitions and investments, including the acquisition of several Kentucky Fried Chicken and Burger King franchises and advising generally on franchise operations in the UK
- SSP: managing its global IP portfolio, including its Upper Crust, Caffé Ritazza and Millie’s Cookies brands, and advising on all related IP issues
- Champagne Louis Roederer: on trade mark infringement proceedings in respect of their famous CRISTAL brand
- A manufacturer of non-carbonated drinks: contractual dispute including logistics, sales, producer and supplier relationships
- A global drinks company: on the UK’s regulatory framework for No/Low alcohol products and preparations for its entry into the category