An Employment and Regulatory Lawyer, Andrea advises on both Hong Kong and English law. She has significant and extensive experience in high profile complex litigation, including multi-jurisdiction disputes.
Andrea undertakes all types of Employment Law work and advises both employers and employees on all aspects of the employment relationship.
Her Employment practice is a mixture of contentious and non-contentious matters including:
- hiring strategies;
- contractual terms and policies;
- deferred compensation, bonus and share schemes;
- post termination restrictions (such as non-compete, non-solicitation and non-dealing restrictions);
- duties of confidentiality;
- performance reviews and appraisals;
- disciplinary issues;
- internal investigations, SFC regulatory investigations and Labour Department Investigations;
- Employment Ordinance offences;
- Fraud and Bribery allegations in the workplace;
- discrimination and harassment complaints;
- Privacy and Personal Data protections;
- applying for and defending injunctions; and
- termination and separation agreements
The focus of Andrea’s Regulatory practice is representing individuals who are the subject of internal investigations and/or external regulators including the SFC, the ICAC, the Labour Department and the police. Andrea regularly advises on matters in relation to whether approved persons are “fit and proper”.
Andrea has extensive experience in representing both employers and employees engaged in civil proceedings as well as criminal prosecutions in Hong Kong and in England.
Andrea has been ranked in all major legal directories including Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, AsiaLaw and the Doyle's Guide.
"Clients praise Andrea Randall for her 'deep understanding, knowledge and experience in the employment field' and appreciate that 'she is technical but understands the commercial side.'" - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
"Andrea Randall was very professional, clear, and considered in her advice." - Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
"The advice I received was accurate and swift, enabling me to reach a good conclusion with my employer; Andrea responded quickly and helped me resolve matters fully." - Chambers Asia-Paciﬁc 2020
Leading Individual, Employment - Chambers Asia-Paciﬁc 2020
"Andrea is attentive and knowledgeable." - Legal 500 Asia Paciﬁc 2020
Next Generation Partner, Labour & Employment - Legal 500 Asia Paciﬁc 2020
Recommended, Leading Employment & Labour Lawyers – Doyle's Guide 2019, 2020
- Defended one of the world's largest interdealer brokers against wrongful and unreasonable termination, unpaid wages and bonus claims.
- Represented and defended a CEO in regulatory and criminal investigations in Asia and the US.
- Investigated and advised a large multinational company on suspicions of employee fraud and misuse of confidential data/trade secrets.
- Acting for the former Chairman and Head of Investment Banking of a well-known Investment Bank and commencing proceedings in the High Court for breach of contract and non-payment of bonus.
- Successfully resisted a springboard injunction sought to prevent a team of employees joining an alleged competitor.