Andrea is a Hong Kong Employment Lawyer and has significant and extensive experience in high profile complex litigation, including multi-jurisdiction disputes. She heads one of the few specialist employment law practices in Hong Kong and is able to act for both employers and employees.
Her Employment practice is a mixture of contentious and non-contentious matters including:
- Hiring strategies;
- Employment contract, Employee Handbooks and Policies;
- Deferred compensation, Bonus, Commission payments and Share Schemes;
- Post termination restrictive covenants (such as non-compete, non-solicitation and non-dealing restrictions);
- Duties of confidentiality and misuse of confidential information;
- Performance reviews and appraisals;
- Disciplinary investigations and disciplinary hearings;
- Internal investigations, SFC investigations and Labour Department Investigations;
- Employment Ordinance offences;
- Fraud and Bribery allegations in the workplace;
- Discrimination and harassment complaints;
- Privacy and Personal Data matters in the workplace;
- Applying for and defending injunctions;
- Redundancy; and
- Termination and separation agreements.
Andrea is regularly instructed those who are regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission, in particular traders, brokers and hedge fund managers (employees) as well as brokerages, hedge funds and other financial institutions (employers). Her work is not confined to the financial sector and Andrea often acts for other lawyers and law firms, accountants and accounting firms, and other senior executives across all industries, in particular in technology and retail. She has worked with companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, FTSE 100, the Nasdaq and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Andrea has extensive experience in representing both employers and employees engaged in civil proceedings as well as criminal prosecutions in Hong Kong and in England. In certain cases, disputes may be resolved prior to the commencement of proceedings, and Andrea is often called in to negotiate on behalf of clients in settlement discussions.
Andrea has been ranked in all major legal directories including Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, AsiaLaw and the Doyle's Guide. Andrea is also recognised as an Elite lawyer in China's Elite 100 Lawyers (Foreign Firms).
‘Andrea Randall – she is very busy but will always try to make time. She gives very sensible and practical advice. Quick and responsive.’ - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
‘Andrea Randall has a solid reputation as a litigator. She will fight vigorously for her clients.’ - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
"Andrea Randall was very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with," comments an interviewee. - Chambers: The Greater China Guide 2022
"Clients praise Andrea Randall for her 'deep understanding, knowledge and experience in the employment field' and appreciate that 'she is technical but understands the commercial side.'" - Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
"Andrea Randall was very professional, clear, and considered in her advice." - Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
"The advice I received was accurate and swift, enabling me to reach a good conclusion with my employer; Andrea responded quickly and helped me resolve matters fully." - Chambers Asia-Paciﬁc 2020
"Andrea is attentive and knowledgeable." - Legal 500 Asia Paciﬁc 2020
- Defended one of the world's largest interdealer brokers against wrongful and unreasonable termination, unpaid wages and bonus claims.
- Represented and defended a CEO in regulatory and criminal investigations in Asia and the US.
- Investigated and advised a large multinational company on suspicions of employee fraud and misuse of confidential data/trade secrets.
- Acting for the former Chairman and Head of Investment Banking of a well-known Investment Bank and commencing proceedings in the High Court for breach of contract and non-payment of bonus.
- Successfully resisted a springboard injunction sought to prevent a team of employees joining an alleged competitor.