Ben is a non-contentious tax Partner within the RPC Corporate team.
He advises clients on all aspects of corporate tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganisations. Ben also advises on real estate, banking, employment and incentives tax issues. He regularly advises on VAT, stamp duty and stamp duty land tax. He also advises high net worth individuals on the UK tax treatment of their investments.
Ben has particular experience in the real estate, banking, insurance and investment funds sectors. Prior to joining RPC, he trained, qualified and spent eight years at Herbert Smith.
- Supporting a large listed retailer, including on acquisitions, disposals and strategic investments
- Acting for a leading M&A underwriter on numerous transactions
- Daily Mail General Trust – advising on the sale of Wowcher and JV with Exponent, and the sales of Jobsite, Jobrapido and Metro Play
- Advising a global accountancy firm on its acquisition of a digital design consultancy business and a governance, risk and compliance consultancy
- Besso Insurance Group –acted for this leading Lloyd's of London broker, on its acquisition by BGC Group, the global brokerage company
- The Lifeways Group - completing a series of acquisitions for one of the UK’s leading providers of support services for people with diverse and often complex needs in community settings