Charles Allen is a solicitor advocate and dispute resolution lawyer with over 25 years of experience of practice in Hong Kong.
He advises on a wide range of commercial disputes and represents clients in both court and arbitration proceedings in and around the Asia Pacific Region.
Charles also sits as an arbitrator in commercial matters.
He is qualified in Hong Kong, where he has higher rights of audience in civil matters, and in England.
"Litigation Star" - Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2021
"Super Litigator" - Chambers Asia Pacific 2021
"He has really good insight and is very easy to deal with," - Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
"When I needed something quickly, he always adapted and tried to deliver." - Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
“Very knowledgeable, experienced and down-to-earth”. - Legal 500 Asia 2019
“A very sharp and tactical lawyer – one of the best people to instruct in Hong Kong.” - Legal 500 Asia 2019
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Reserve Panel of Arbitrators, Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Panel of the Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Panel of the Law Society of Hong Kong
- Member, Panel of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Mediator, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Claims Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong's Professional Indemnity Scheme
- Member, Hong Kong Maritime Arbitration Group 2021
- Secretary, ICC Standing Committee on Commercial Law and Practice
- Solicitor Member, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal