Focusing on commercial disputes, Charles Allen is a solicitor advocate supporting clients in domestic and cross-border litigation as well as in international arbitrations across numerous jurisdictions.
During the course of more than 20 years of practice in Asia, Charles has been involved in a wide range of disputes before the Hong Kong courts as well as in other jurisdictions around the region, including China, Singapore and India.
Charles also specialises in domestic and international arbitration across a range of industries and has extensive experience under various rules including HKIAC, ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and LMAA. He has handled numerous institutional and ad hoc arbitrations as counsel, and has also sat as arbitrator.
Among others, Charles is on the arbitrator panels of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and the Law Society of Hong Kong. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Charles is a versatile and "very sharp and tactical lawyer" who represents clients on a variety of commercial disputes. He acts for a range of clients, including individuals, private and listed companies, multinationals, conglomerates and financial institutions.
He is dual qualified in Hong Kong where he has higher rights of audience in civil matters.
"Super Litigator" - Chambers Asia Pacific 2021
"He has really good insight and is very easy to deal with," - Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
"When I needed something quickly, he always adapted and tried to deliver." - Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
“Very knowledgeable, experienced and down-to-earth”. - Legal 500 Asia 2019
“A very sharp and tactical lawyer – one of the best people to instruct in Hong Kong.” - Legal 500 Asia 2019
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Reserve Panel of Arbitrators, Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Panel of the Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Panel of the Law Society of Hong Kong
- Member, Panel of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Mediator, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Claims Committee of the Law Society of Hong Kong's Professional Indemnity Scheme
- Secretary, ICC Standing Committee on Commercial Law and Practice
- Solicitor Member, Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal