Helen is an experienced litigator specialising in resolution of complex technology and commercial disputes. She has advised and acted for clients on a wide range of disputes in the High Court, with a particular focus on outsourcing and public sector technology disputes.
Helen has a wealth of experience handling complex, multi-party and multi-jurisdictional disputes both in and out of court.
Helen’s practice focuses on technology and outsourcing disputes across a range of both public and private sectors, from government digitalisation projects to national internet infrastructure disputes and investment trading platform disputes. Helen recognises the unique difficulties that these sorts of disputes give rise to and the importance of working closely with clients at an early stage to strengthen their position during on-going commercial relationships and avoid litigation wherever possible. She is, however, experienced in strategically commencing and defending proceedings in all of the key divisions of the High Court in London - including the Technology & Construction, Commercial and Chancery Courts. Helen also acts for clients in respect of breach of confidential information, including obtaining emergency injunctive relief where necessary.
Helen has been consistently ranked as a ‘Rising Star’ for Premium Litigation the Legal 500 UK, as well as being acknowledged for her outsourcing work by Chambers & Partners UK in 2022.
- Acting for a global IT provider in Technology & Construction Court proceedings involving a number of highly complex disputes with a public body arising out of delays to a public sector digitalisation project as well as a contractual charges interpretation dispute.
- Acting for and successfully resolving a claim for damages by an IT banking platform provider for unlawful termination of a digital trading platform and back-office outsourcing agreement by an investment bank.
- Acting for and successfully resolving a claim for damages by a Spanish mobile technology provider against a UK mobile service provider for breach of a software licensing agreement.
- Acting for a national internet infrastructure provider in a Commercial Court debt claim against a large internet provider and a counterclaim for unpaid service credits under an internet connectivity agreement.
- Acting for an integrated parcel delivery service provider in proceedings to secure an emergency injunction preventing a large courier company from immediately suspending services and increasing fees under a contractual agreement.
"Helen Armstrong is pragmatic, sensible and realistic." - Chambers UK 2024
"Helen shows great skill in taking in complicated information and turning it into a coherent and compelling case” - Chambers & Partners UK 2022 - Outsourcing.
"She's tremendous, on top of the details and fantastic at communicating what's needed." - Chambers & Partners UK 2022 - Outsourcing.
Ranked as a ‘Rising Star’ and noted for technology and outsourcing disputes - Legal 500 UK 2021-2023 - Premium Litigation.
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law (SCL).