Samuel advises clients on a range of contentious and non-contentious commercial, IP and technology matters – particularly in the sports, retail, IP and technology sectors.
Samuel's contentious experience includes High Court and Court of Appeal litigation as well as mediation, arbitration and other forms of ADR. On the non-contentious side, Samuel advises clients on sponsorship arrangements, brand protection, licensing, and commercial contracts.
Prior experience includes advising the Football Association Premier League and undertaking client secondments to ITV, the largest commercial broadcaster in the UK, where he assisted in-house teams with a broad range of IP disputes and commercial contracts for both the consumer and business-to-business lines.
- Committee member of IPSoc
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of LawInSport
- Assisting Sports Direct to purchase Jack Wills, including all intellectual property rights.
- Advising News Group on various IP licensing and infringement issues, particularly involving trade mark and copyright matters.
- Assisting a leading global retailer to invalidate trade mark registrations, obtain assignments and advance a claim for breach of contract against an international conglomerate.
- Advising a worldwide toy manufacturer in respect of an action for passing off and design right infringement.
- Assisting insurers and insureds in a variety of IP and technology related matters including defence, coverage and monitoring.