Catastrophe Risk Modelling (With Karen Clark)
Welcome to Insurance Covered, the podcast that covers everything insurance. In this episode Peter is joined by Karen Clark, Co-Founder of Karen Clark & Company and they will be discussing catastrophe risk modelling.
In this episode we discuss
- What a catastrophe risk model is and how it can be used
- Primary uses of these models for insurers - with a focus on hurricanes
- The importance of Hurricane Andrew in 1992 to catastrophe risk modelling
- The most costly event ever modelled
- The impact climate change is having on catastrophe risk modelling
We hope you enjoyed this episode, if you did please subscribe to stay up to date with future episodes.
*Please note the below podcast will not run on Internet Explorer