Insurance and The Foundation of The United States (With Professor Hannah Farber)
Welcome to Insurance Covered, the podcast that covers everything insurance. In this episode Peter is joined by Hannah Farber, Assistant Professor of History at Columbia University in New York. In this episode they look at the American revolution and the role insurance played in the foundation of the United States.
In this episode we cover:
- An overview of the events that led to the American revolution (c.1750-1812).
- The role of marine insurance played during this time period.
- The story of merchant insurer, Robert Morris.
- The rise of domestic US insurance and its post war impact.
- Answer to the question: To what extent did insurance genuinely shape the foundation of America?
We hope you enjoyed this episode, if you did please subscribe to be notified when new episodes release.
*Please note the below podcast will not run on Internet Explorer