Elizabeth advises corporate investors, funds, property companies, and financial institutions on a variety of real estate matters.
Her expertise covers developments, acquisitions and divestments, sales and leasebacks, portfolio management, joint ventures, corporate support, cross-border transactions, and real estate financing. Her transactional experience spans a broad range of industry sectors from retail to children’s nurseries and residential care homes, hotels to food technology.
Elizabeth recently led a large team handling one of the most significant real estate transactions in the City (confidential and valued at £1.2bn).
Elizabeth was named as a "Star Lawyer" by legal research company Acritas following their 2020 global survey of in-house General Counsel and senior lawyers.
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2021
"an outstanding real estate partner…very personable, highly experienced and robust in the face of difficult negotiations." - The Legal 500 UK 2020
"Elizabeth Alibhai’s skills as a lawyer are outstanding. She ensures that she absolutely understands the client’s business and has their interests as a priority. Her approach is always professional, positive and obliging." - The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Advising Gores Group on the real estate aspects of a joint venture with Premier Foods to take a controlling stake in British bakery business, Hovis (35 sites)
- Advising Providence Equity Partners on the property aspects of its acquisition of the Ambassador Entertainment Group, the world’s leading theatre group (40 venues)
- Acting for the Ellerman Group on the acquisition of logistics sites – including warehouses and sorting centres – across the UK to expand its home delivery network
- Advising Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of Busy Bees childcare day nurseries, and subsequent property financing
- Advising Lion/Findus Foods on its pre-pack acquisition of Cumbrian Seafoods (UK’s leading seafood company)
- Advising Home Delivery Network on acquisition of DHL Domestic, which included the transfer of properties across 46 sites and subsequent property financing
- Advising Wells Fargo regarding a “hunting licence” facility to a commercial real estate fund, supporting their investment in UK-wide real estate assets