Elizabeth leads RPC's real estate team, advising investors, property companies, corporates and financial institutions on a wide range of real estate matters.
Her expertise covers acquisitions and sales, developments, sale/leasebacks, portfolio management, joint ventures, cross-border transactions, and real estate financing. Elizabeth has been involved in a number of significant real estate transactions in the City and her transactional experience spans industry sectors from offices and retail, to children’s nurseries, artists' studios and hotels.
Elizabeth was recognised as a Leading Individual for Retail and Consumer by The Legal 500 UK (2021), and named a "Stand out Lawyer" in 2020 and 2021 by legal research company Acritas following global surveys of in-house General Counsel and senior lawyers.
"Elizabeth Alibhai provides excellent knowledge of property issues and managed the case with an excellent outcome. Elizabeth Alibhai manages an effective and highly disciplined team that consistently keeps on top of considerable detail." - The Legal 500 UK 2022
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2022
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2021
"an outstanding real estate partner…very personable, highly experienced and robust in the face of difficult negotiations." - The Legal 500 UK 2020
"Elizabeth Alibhai’s skills as a lawyer are outstanding. She ensures that she absolutely understands the client’s business and has their interests as a priority. Her approach is always professional, positive and obliging." - The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Advising Gores Group on the real estate aspects of a joint venture with Premier Foods to take a controlling stake in British bakery business, Hovis (35 sites)
- Advising Providence Equity Partners on the property aspects of its acquisition of the Ambassador Entertainment Group, the world’s leading theatre group (40 venues)
- Acting for the Ellerman Group on the acquisition of logistics sites – including warehouses and sorting centres – across the UK to expand its home delivery network
- Advising Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of Busy Bees childcare day nurseries, and subsequent property financing
- Advising Lion/Findus Foods on its pre-pack acquisition of Cumbrian Seafoods (UK’s leading seafood company)
- Advising Home Delivery Network on acquisition of DHL Domestic, which included the transfer of properties across 46 sites and subsequent property financing
- Advising Wells Fargo regarding a “hunting licence” facility to a commercial real estate fund, supporting their investment in UK-wide real estate assets