Elizabeth leads RPC's real estate team, advising investors, property companies, corporates and financial institutions on a wide range of real estate matters.
Her expertise covers acquisitions and sales, developments, sale/leasebacks, portfolio management, joint ventures, cross-border transactions, and real estate financing. Elizabeth has been involved in a number of significant real estate transactions in the City and her transactional experience spans industry sectors from offices and retail, to children’s nurseries, artists' studios and hotels.
Elizabeth is recognised as a Leading Individual for Real Estate by The Legal 500 UK, and named a "Stand out Lawyer" by legal research company Acritas following global surveys of in-house General Counsel and senior lawyers. In addition Elizabeth is currently Chair of the Employment Advisory Board (EAB) for Bronzefield Prison and also sits on the EAB oversight board.
"Liz Alibhai genuinely understands and cares about our business, makes seamless introductions to specialist colleagues and is always motivated to support and add value." - Legal 500 UK 2024
"Elizabeth Alibhai is bright, responsive, pleasant, commercial and knows how to keep her capable team happy and are therefore able to consistently deliver great results." - Legal 500 UK 2023
"Elizabeth Alibhai provides excellent knowledge of property issues and managed the case with an excellent outcome. Elizabeth Alibhai manages an effective and highly disciplined team that consistently keeps on top of considerable detail." - The Legal 500 UK 2022
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2022
Recommended - The Legal 500 UK 2021
"an outstanding real estate partner…very personable, highly experienced and robust in the face of difficult negotiations." - The Legal 500 UK 2020
"Elizabeth Alibhai’s skills as a lawyer are outstanding. She ensures that she absolutely understands the client’s business and has their interests as a priority. Her approach is always professional, positive and obliging." - The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Acting for AGC Equity Partners on the restructure and refinancing of Citigroup's London HQ, Citigroup Tower, prior to its sale for in excess of £1 billion.
- Acting for a long-standing property investment client on the pre-sale restructuring and subsequent conditional sale of an office block on the River Thames for mixed-use redevelopment.
- Acting for a leading international machine tool manufacturer on the acquisition and redevelopment of its HQ site, together with multiple leases, disposals and acquisitions of office and industrial sites for the client across the UK.
- Dealing with several HQ openings/relocations into leading developments across the City of London.
- Acting for a leading manufacturer on the lease and development of a 300,000sq ft state of the art distribution and logistics centre.
- Acting for major international timber processor SCA on the restructuring of its property interests in its headquarters, production and distribution facilities in the UK and their subsequent sale.
- Acting for Providence Equity Partners on the property aspects of its acquisition of the Ambassador Entertainment Group, the world’s leading theatre group (40 venues).
- Acting for a leading listed sports retailer on numerous acquisitions and strategic investments.
- Advising Home Delivery Network on the acquisition of DHL Domestic, which included the transfer of properties across 46 sites and the subsequent property financing.